Ashen Ark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first step in costume design is colour pallets

Go down

The first step in costume design is colour pallets Empty The first step in costume design is colour pallets

Post by Snowrose Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:41 pm

When you are thinking about your costume, its wonderful to think up designs and accesories but it won't do you any good if you haven't decided on the colour pallet you want to have, particular to your character.

The easiest way to decide on your colour pallet is to pick four colours that your character will consistently like. Costumes can have other colours in them, but it will be far simpler when shopping for pre-made things or fabric to make them yourself if you have a basic idea of what colour scheme you want to work with.

Note: people can have the same pallet and not be all matchy matchy twinsies

--The Ashen Dragon
Snowrose
Snowrose
Admin

Back to top Go down

The first step in costume design is colour pallets Empty My colour choises

Post by Snowrose Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:44 pm

My personal colour choices are Purple, blue, silver and white.

This being said, my character is a gypsy-- so there will often be other colours thrown in with that, and outfits that do not follow that combination. It is simply a baseline to work with, and in many cases I have a second colour pallet of purple, green, brown and black.

Please post your colour pallet choices here so that we can all have a sense of eachothers colour schemes.

--The Ashen Dragon
Snowrose
Snowrose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum